Monday, May 23, 2011

making mixes



As I have mentioned before I dig the website 8tracks. It's easy to find new music or listen to old stuff you already like. People post hundreds of mixes a day, usually themed in some way, or sticking to a genre or two. Danielle made a killer mix for..... ME! How sweet it is to have friends that do wonderful things like this! You can listen to it here. Thanks Danilelle! 


Her mix in turn inspired me to make my own, for whom? You guessed.... Danielle Premo! And it also inspired me to make many more, for my friends, my family, my loved ones, or to pay attention to memories and certain times in my life. I invite any and all to join me in this project, make your own mixes, and feel free to share them here! Who says that the awesome idea of mixtapes has to be over simply because we have made our music smaller to carry around? 


"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln

5 comments:

  1. http://8tracks.com/selfish_gene/my-fancy-dancy-mix

    here's a new one I made to get some dance beats in your head! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your mixes so far lady. When Ads goes out of town I am going to start uploading music from his collection, as that is where most of my music comes from these days. Then my mixes are going to get more eclectic and abundant. Hope others join in and post their mixes on your blog!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made another today with tracks that are newer to me and hopefully to you too! Check it out: http://8tracks.com/elle_premo/space-is-only-noise-if-you-can-see

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Danielle! I love it, especially that coco rosie song, that one was new to me. and for the old? love Under the Milky Way! Here's my latest as of about 10 minutes ago.... a little dream pop right back at ya!

    http://8tracks.com/selfish_gene/dreamy-beats-and-funky-lullabies

    ReplyDelete
  5. and another... http://8tracks.com/elle_premo/a-small-fall-into-bass

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...