Friday, August 26, 2011

Vietnam part IV. when i travel....

When I travel I like it to be a good mix of adventuring around and still feel relaxed at the end of it. I love to travel and it is important to me to continually refine how I travel, making it simple and easy and learning how to best spend my time, energy, and thought.
Tip! Pack light, always pack light. Less, still less. One bag, it doesn’t matter how long you’ll be gone, one bag. You can always do a load of laundry. It’s okay to wear that a few days in a row… packing light is not easy, and it takes time and experience to learn this valuable skill.
When I travel I like to really see the way that the local people live. Where do they eat? How do they spend their free time? What are their days like? This is harder than it seems because so many places have been touched in some way by tourism, so the local people want to cater to you or preserve their own spaces and privacy. Yet I try. I make an effort to tread lightly and not follow the tourist herds that float around the world on the lonely planet trail.
I love to get away from the city when I travel- to see the beauty of the raw nature that surrounds most cities and towns. I like to eat local food at local restaurants and be brave to try stuff that is mysterious.
When I travel I like to hop on a bicycle or maybe a motorbike to see things at my pace. But most of the time I walk. And walk and walk and walk. The world goes by very slowly at a walking pace, allowing me to see the small things, which add up to the collective impression of a place.

And I love the faces! Young and old and bored and sad and glowing…. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...