Monday, November 28, 2011

School lunch

Every day for lunch I eat at school, in the special teachers’ lounge with six tables, each with eight seats. With windows on three sides it’s possible to see the changing leaves on the trees that are nestled between the buildings. I’ve heard from many people that the public schools have the best lunches in town, and I totally believe it! At my school we have a devoted staff of maybe six or eight people who work all day every day making creative meals for us.

Korean food has so many side dish options that I doubt if we’ve ever had the exact same meal duplicated this whole school year, which is pretty impressive. There is always a kind of rice, a soup and four or five other options, be them meat, fish, or veggies. Oh and always kimchi. I love Korean food. I really do. There are some things that I generally pass on, like mystery meat or black stuff, but all in all I’m so happy to have a plate full of veggies and soup. Mmm. Not to mention I get this hot meal, served fresh and piping hot for less than two dollars a day. Here is a weeks worth of meals that I had recently so you can get an idea:  







1 comment:

  1. ahh i love this post! i've always wondered what your school lunches look like. i love that they're so consistent and of a similar color palette. they certainly beat what our schools are forced to feed our kids...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...