Thursday, September 29, 2011

sleeping on the job


I just had a really awesome experience at work. Being as the students are dab smack in the middle of midterm exams, I am free to do what I please for the long day, as long as I remain at my school. So what did I do today at work? Well I took a nap! A very comfortable, totally legit nap. Had I known before how easy it is to nap at work, I would have been taking post-lunch nap breaks more often. The nurse downstairs has a room that is less like an office and more like a posh room at a hostel, with six large beds, made private by room dividers, one wall of massive windows, soft lighting, and a lack of noise. So I walked right in to the office, motioned to one of the empty beds, tucked away at the back of the large room, and near one of the big windows and had myself a cozy nap. Two large fluffy pillows and a comforter and new book, and I had myself a great few hours curled up in her office, sick with nothing! I think this will be a regular part of my workday from here on out. This job can be difficult at times, but then I think of all the little things that make it so easy! Being paid good money for twenty hours of prep time that takes me one hour to complete is somewhere high on the list. That leaves me nineteen precious hours to read, research, study, email, watch movies, and NAP!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...