Thursday, April 12, 2012

midweek sunny morning musings

spring is a great season for observing the clouds. they sky is big and the size and depth of the clouds is visible. i spent the morning planting loads of seeds and doing other general garden maintenance. when the sun was unobstructed by clouds it was intense and warm, reviving the cold crops and warming my chilled fingers. the clouds would often cover, as spring clouds do, making a drastic change in temperature and darkening my scene a little, but no rain today! 


i was alone in the garden for most of the day and my thoughts were free to wander where they wanted. i contemplated the tiny-ness of celery seeds, the magnitude of the sky, the power of the sun, why sheep make a strange sound, and whether i like pink or white cherry blossoms better. 

i thought about the future, thinking up my plans, as things are changing again quite substantially this year. i think i have come one step closer to understanding what i want to do and how i want to spend my days. it happens to be in and around a garden, surprise surprise. they say i'm a dreamer.... we'll i'm not the only one! 

there is a new resident in the mini greenhouse, he's named gustavo and he's super cute and much bigger than i would have imagined a garden lizard to be. he is getting used to me and now he even lets me pet him for a minute or so before he scurries off to hide under the tray of beetroot seedlings.  


the week is flying by, as they tend to do, and tomorrow is wonderful friday! i will begin to plan my bicycling adventures for the weekend and will dutifully report them here. 

there has been a major spike in readership on the blog and i just want to say thanks to you loyal (and new) readers for sticking with me on my journeys around the world. it has been a trip! and it's not over. there is much to experience and lots to see still. and the learning never ends.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...